Clinton’s proposed takeover of all health care spending is the biggest grab for dictatorial power our country has ever seen. It’s like a Third World coup, an overnight assumption of dictatorial powers.
Unfortunately, most Republicans in Congress are either wimping out or compromising. They’re talking about “working with the President,” “being bipartisan about health care,” “wanting a health care bill this year,” and “accepting what’s good in the Clinton bill.”
There is absolutely nothing good in the 1,342 pages of the Clinton “Health Security Act.” The “devil” is not only in the details; it’s in the principle of the thing, and the bill must be defeated if America is to remain a free nation.
We should reject out of hand the deceptive, propagandistic trick words of “crisis” and “universal.” They are just the latest version of liberal politics: declare a crisis and then offer government as the “solution.”
We are not in a health care “crisis” – we have a problem, yes – but not a crisis because America has the best health care in the world and 85 percent of Americans have insurance. Even Senator Pat Moynihan said, “We have no health care crisis.”
We already have universal health care; nobody is denied essential health care. When the Clintons use the word “universal,” they are not talking about CARE; the are talking about COVERAGE and CONTROL.
Here is a questionnaire to ask every candidate for the U.S. Senate or House this
- Will you vote against creating Health Care crimes? (Clinton’s bill creates a whole array of crimes under which individual Americans can be subjected to fines and imprisonment for seeking better health care after some bureaucrat denies treatment because it will not “enhance or save the quality of life.”)
- Will you vote against setting up a National Health Board? (Clinton’s proposed Health Board, to be appointed by him, would have extraordinary regulatory powers.)
- Will you vote against forcing Americans to buy health insurance? (Clinton’s bill is a system of “stealth taxes” – the government forces you to pay designated amounts to a third party controlled by the government.)
- Will you vote against forcing all employers to buy health insurance for their employees? (Everyone agrees that employer mandates are guaranteed to eliminate thousands, probably millions, of jobs.)
- Will you vote against giving any government agency the power to control or limit private spending on health care? (The Clinton bill depends on price control of insurance premiums and doctors’ fees, even though all prior experience proves that means shortages and rationing.)
- Will you vote against forcing all Americans to receive health care through a “Regional Alliance” under a community rating system? (This feature of Clinton’s plan will force people with good health habits to subsidize care for people who smoke, drink too much alcohol, take drugs, don’t exercise, or practice unsafe sex. The Clinton bill rewards risky behavior and punishes prudent behavior.)
- Will you vote against imposing a “one-tiered” health care system that makes it a crime for individuals who work hard and pay taxes to buy better health care outside of their “plan”? (The Clinton bill makes this a health care crime.)
- Will you vote to prohibit any state from forcing all its residents into a single Canadian-style plan? (This provision of Clinton’s plan makes a sham out of Clinton’s claim that individuals will be able to “choose” their plan.)
- Will you vote against giving the Federal Government the power to limit the training of medical specialists?
- Will you vote against giving any bureaucrat or alliance or plan the power to assign individuals against their will to non-physicians instead of to physicians for medical treatment?
- Will you vote against any legislation that allows big corporations to unload their liabilities for early retirees’ health care onto the taxpayers through health care “alliances”?
- Will you vote to exclude abortion from any government-defined “comprehensive benefit package” and to forbid a National Health Board from forcing alliances and hospitals to offer abortions?
- Will you vote against using health care funds to put condom clinics and government-directed sex courses in the public schools?
- Will you vote to make it crystal clear that every individual will have access to coverage that enables the individual patient to choose his or her own doctor, and that it will always be possible to opt out of any “plan” and seek the doctor or care of your choice?
- Will you vote to allow all individuals (not just corporations) buy health insurance with pre-tax dollars?
- Will you vote to allow all individuals and corporations to buy catastrophic health insurance with pretax dollars, and then self-insure (or pay their own way, or use tax-protected Individual Medical Savings Accounts) for non-catastrophic medical expenses?
- Will you vote NO on the Clinton health bill even if Clinton says there is no alternative bill he will sign?
We’re looking for a elected officials to speak up for freedom and lead the battle to defeat the Clinton Coup on health care. Will the real Republicans please stand up?