Instead of convincing voters as Democrats hoped to do by unjustifiably indicting Donald Trump in Washington, D.C., Biden political hacks have poisoned the well in D.C. A shockingly downgraded credit rating reflects the reality that the gravy train for unproductive activity in D.C., at the expense of working Americans nationwide will not chug along forever.
Far from repelling voters from Trump, all indications are that his support grows stronger with each abusive indictment. The disconnect by the D.C. establishment is unsustainable, and inevitably Americans will realize that they need not continue to support this misuse of prosecutorial power by Biden campaign donors.
The House controls the purse strings, and one of its conservative leaders is the former college wrestler Rep. Bob Good (R-VA). He stated that “most Americans won’t even miss” the federal government if its funding were cut off. Republicans who opposed the June compromise on the debt ceiling feel vindicated now, as almost immediately after that deal was struck Democrats began prosecuting Trump in Florida at a waste of millions of dollars. The political hacks being funded by Congress even indicted two low-level employees of the former president, presumably to terrorize them into turning against their boss.
This outrageous misuse of taxpayers’ money by federal prosecutors justifies conservatives opposing continued bankrolling of a federal government hijacked by the Left. House Republicans can selectively defund actions by the Department of Justice, as they did two decades ago in repeatedly prohibiting the use of federal funds to remove a large Latin cross in the Mojave Desert. The House should not be funding this harassment by the DOJ of Trump as he campaigns for reelection.
The indictment against Trump in D.C. must be acknowledged for the sham it is. A total of 95% of D.C.’s residents and jury pool voted against Trump in 2020, while the remaining 5% fear retaliation if they side with Trump. He cannot possibly obtain an impartial jury in that city, and this case should be moved immediately to nearby West Virginia where people actually work for a living.